Chicken Thighs with Tomato Compote, Gratinated Cheese and Chilli Wedges
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tin of chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 100 g cheddar cheese (sliced)
- 4 large washed maris piper potatoes
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes
- sunflower oil
- Season the chicken thighs and fry on a high heat on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
- Sweat off onion, garlic and thyme in a little butter until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 15 – 20 mins or until the excess juice has evaporated.
- For the wedges, slice each potato into eight even wedges.
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees with baking tray inside.
- When it reaches temperature, remove the hot tray and quickly drizzle with oil, add the potatoes, sprinkle with chilli flakes and salt and bake for 20-30 mins, turning occasionally.
- To serve, spoon the tomato compote onto the turkey steaks and spread over evenly. Put sliced cheddar on top and put under a hot grill until the cheese begins to bubble.
- To serve:
- Serve with chilli wedges and left over garlic aioli from squid starter as a dipping sauce.