Seared King Scallops with Wilted Chicory and Truffle Dressing
- 10 each king scallops
- 1 head chicory
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml hazelnut oil
- 5 g castor sugar
- 10 g butter
- truffle dressing
- 2 tblsp white truffle oil
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp champagne wine vinegar
- 0.25 tsp lemon juice
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- chopped chives
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil and cook scallops for one minute on both sides (depending on size). Set aside to rest.
- Julienne (thin strips of chicory): cut the chicory into thin strips. Mix with the lemon and hazelnut oil and sugar. Heat gently in a pan.
- Truffle Dressing – whisk the truffle oil, olive oil, Champagne wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Assembly: Drizzle the plate with the truffle dressing, arrange the chicory in the centre of the plate, then arrange the scallops on top of the chicory.