New Season Irish Asparagus, Truffle Dressing
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 truffle
- 20 ml truffle juice
- splash of truffle vinegar
- 1 tea spoon truffle oil
- 1 egg
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- 5 twists of fresh white pepper
- 2 l boiling water
- 90 g salt
- Prepare the asparagus by removing the bottom 1/4 which will be woody. Blitz the egg, truffle, salt, truffle vinegar, truffle juice then slowly add the vegetable oil.
- Taste - add truffle oil and pepper.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling salted water. Once water returns to boil remove asparagus-season lightly add olive oil and serve the truffle dressing.