Risotto with Wild Mushrooms and Chorizo
- 100 g butter
- 50 g chopped onion
- 300 g risotto rice
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 l stock veg or chicken
- 100 g parmesan
- bunch of chopped scallions
- 80 g chopped chorizo sausage
- 200 g mixed wild mushrooms
- Melt half the butter in a sauce pan, add the onion and sweat. Next add the rice and sauté until a light brown colour.
- Pour in the wine and 3/4 of the stock, season well and simmer gently stirring occasionally until the rice is soft and the liquid is absorbed (approx 10mins).
- Fry the sausage add the mushrooms, then season.
- When the rice is ready add the remainder of the butter, the sausage, mushrooms, scallions and parmesan.
- Correct seasoning and consistency with the remainder of the stock.