White and Dark Chocolate Tart with Raspberries
- dark chocolate pastry:
- 8 oz plain flour
- 2 oz cocoa powder
- 1.5 oz caster sugar
- 1.5 oz icing sugar
- 1 large egg beaten lightly
- 6 oz butter (chilled and cubed)
- 2 tsp cold water
- white chocolate filling:
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 150 g white chocolate (broken into pieces)
- Boil cream and pour over white chocolate. Mix well and chill for 3 hours
- Beat until thick and double in size. Fill the tarts and top with raspberries.
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder and icing sugar into a large bowl. Add castor sugar and butter. Mix together until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add egg and water to form soft ball. Knead and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grease tartlet tins or 1 large tin. Roll out pastry thinly, line moulds and put into fridge for 30 mins.
- Line tartlets with tin foil and fill with rice and bake blind (just putting in rice, stops the pastry from rising and shrinking) for 15-20 mins at 180°C.
- Allow pastry to cool and brush some melted chocolate over the shell (cooked pastry!).