Fairtrade Banana Tea Bread
- 115 g butter or margarine
- 115 g granulated sugar
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed coarsely)
- 115 g self-raising flour (sieved)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 85 g wholemeal flour
- 2 dessertspoo dsp. milk
- Cream the butter and sugar, then mix in the mashed bananas.
- Next add the sieved self-raising flour and baking powder with the beaten egg and milk, and finally the wholemeal flour.
- Turn into a well greased and base-lined 450g/1lb loaf tin.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven at 180°C/350°F for approximately 45-50 minutes until the loaf is firm and showing signs of shrinking away from the side of the tin.
- Turn out and serve warm or cold, dusted with icing sugar and cinnamon.