Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Mushrooms
- 6-8 fresh mushrooms
- 6-8 ceps (porcini)
- 4 boned chicken breasts (skinned)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- juice of quarter lemon
- salt and black pepper
- shallot butter
- salad leaves and chives (to garnish)
- Chop both types of mushrooms.
- Cut a pocket lengthways in each chicken breast, then fill each pocket with the mushrooms.
- Secure with cocktail sticks, so the filling won't fall out, then put the breasts in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the chopped shallot, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over the stuffed breasts and turn to coat well.
- Leave to marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Cook the chicken breasts over hot coals for about 4 minutes on each side, until they are just cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
- Do not overcook these.
- Serve topped with slices of the shallot butter and garnish with salad leaves and chives.