Turkey, Ham and Mushroom Croquettes
- 225 g cold cooked turkey meat
- 1 tblsp cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 6 mushrooms
- 50 g cooked ham
- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- 150 ml chicken stock
- flour, beaten egg and fresh white breadcrumbs for coating the croquettes
- Chop the turkey and ham finely.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Cook slowly for a minute, then add the stock slowly and cook for 3- 5 minutes until boiling.
- Chop the mushrooms and add with all the other ingredients.
- Turn onto a plate to cool.
- Make into cork shapes, coat with flour, egg and breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown in hot, deep fat.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve. It’s good with a tossed salad.