Cocktail Sausages with French Mustard in a 'Porcupine' Loaf
- 2.7 kg cocktail sausages
- jar of french mustard
- 1 large brown loaf
- flour, egg and breadcrumbs for coating
- Make a cut lengthways on the sausages, but don’t quite cut through them.
- Spread inside with French mustard, roll in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and deep-fry.
- Meanwhile, cut the top off the bread loaf and remove the bread from the inside of the loaf, leaving a shell and a lid.
- Put the hot sausages in the shell and replace the lid.
- Stick the cocktail sticks all over the lid to get the ‘porcupine’ appearance.
- As well as looking good, the loaf will keep the sausages warm and grease-free!