Cheddar Cheese and Red Wine Dip
- 100 g cheddar cheese (finely grated)
- a small knob of butter
- 50 ml dry red wine (or cider)
- ¼ teaspoon tabasco
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the grated cheese into a bowl with the butter or margarine, add the wine and beat them together to make a light, fluffy mixture.
- Add the Tabasco, some freshly ground black pepper and a little salt if necessary – it may not need any as the cheese is quite salty.
- Spoon the mixture into a small bowl or pâté dish and leave in a cool place until required.