Ham, Feta and Spinach Vol-Au-Vent
- 3 king-side vol-au-vent cases
- ½ a dried red chilli (chopped)
- 50 g chopped spinach
- 3 slices cooked ham (chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 75 ml tub crème fraiche or double cream
- freshly grated nutmeg
- salad leaves tossed in balsamic vinegar and olive oil to serve
- We can cheat here a bit and buy the vol-au-vent cases, frozen, and bake in the oven for about l0-l5 mins.
- The oven should be preheated to 190°C (170°C/Gas 5).
- Remove and cool.
- Mix together the filling ingredients and season.
- Spoon mixture into the cooled cases.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg, and bake for a further 20-30 minutes until the mixture is just set.
- Serve warm or cold with salad.