- 1.75 tsp active, dry yeast
- 335 ml warm water
- 125 ml olive oil
- 450 g plain flour (sifted)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- pinch of sugar
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Leave it for about 5 minutes, until it gets foamy.
- Add in the oil, flour and salt and mix well until it forms a rough dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead it for another 5 minutes until it is smooth - you can add more flour at this stage if you think it's necessary.
- Put the dough into a large bowl and cover it with a damp cloth then leave it somewhere warm for about one and a half to two hours until it has doubled in size.
- Roll it out on a floured board to the thickness and shape you require.
- Personally, I think thinner is better, but it’s up to you!
- Now it is all ready for the filling: I find it quite handy to make a bit of a rim so that the filling doesn't fall out.