Christmas morning Cranberry Muffin
- 225 g plain flour (sieved)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 110 g cranberries
- 1 bramley apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 110 g butter
- 150 ml sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with paper cases – the mixture will make 8-10 muffins.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices.
- 4. Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture. Add the cranberries, apples and sugar.
- Pour in the eggs, butter and sour cream. Lightly mix the wet ingredients, then quickly stir in the flour mixture. Do not over mix – it does not matter if there are some floury patches.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pans. Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes, until well risen, browned and springy to the touch. When cooked, wrap in a tea towel and allow to cool.