Soft boiled Duck Eggs with Grilled Asparagus and Ham
- 4 thin slices of limerick ham
- 12 asparagus tips
- 6 duck eggs
- olive oil
- maldon sea-salt
- coarse-ground black pepper
- optional: watercress, soda bread, oil, vinegar, cherry tomatoes.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for roughly a minute, then drain and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess water.
- Place the duck eggs in cold water in a pot and bring to the boil; turn down the heat and allow to simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Remove and crack the shells immediately all over to allow easy peeling.
- Quickly mark the blanched asparagus on a hot grill pan, then wrap three in each slice of ham.
- Place on a plate and garnish with a watercress salad or slices of toasted soda bread.
- With a sharp knife slice the duck eggs in two and place alongside the asparagus