Blanquette Of Pork With Broccoli Spears
- 4 x pork chops (or rib chops or pork pieces)
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 200 g mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 2 lemons
- 100 g butter
- 200 g broocoli spears
- 50 g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tub crème fraiche
- 3/4 bay leaves
- Begin by sweating the sliced onions in a little butter with bay leaves for around 10 minutes.
- Then add the pork, the thyme and cover with water.
- Leave to simmer until the meat is tender, skimming frequently.
- During this time make a roux by combining a little flour with butter in a separate pot and allowing to cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- When ready, add the mushrooms to the meat.
- Using a sieve or chinois, strain the liquid from the pork into the roux to create and lengthen the sauce.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and whisk these with the crème fraiche; combine a little of the bechamel first with this egg mix, then pour this latter into the rest of the sauce.
- Grate in the zest of one lemon and the juice of two, tasting to avoid adding too much.
- Quickly cook the broccoli in a separate pot in boiling salted water.
- Return the meat and mushrooms to the sauce, stir well and season with salt and black pepper. Do not return to the heat. Add loads of freshly chopped parsley.
- To Serve
- Serve immediately with tagliatelle, boiled young potatoes, mash, rice or a wide pasta such as pappardelle.