Turkey with Mustard Fruit Stuffing
- crown of turkey
- 2 carrots
- 4 sticks of celery
- 2 onions
- 1 leek
- 500 g bread crumbs
- 300 g sausage meat
- 1 tblsp mustard fruit
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 100 g butter (or 100ml of olive oil)
- pepper and salt to taste
- Heat the butter or oil in a pan. Sweat off the onion.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix thoroughly with your hands, the mixture will be a little dry.
- Add the sausage meat and mustard fruits mix it thoroughly with your hands.
- To stuff the turkey legs:
- Prepare the turkey legs by flattening them with a meat hammer (or the base of a heavy sauce pan.)
- Place the turkey legs on a double layer of greased tin foil.
- Put the stuffing in the middle and roll the turkey leg in the foil until it looks like a sausage.
- Tighten the tin foil and place in the fridge until they need to be cooked, which will be 45 minutes before the end of the cooking time for the crown of the turkey.
- Roasting the turkey crown:
- Chop all the vegetables into chunks.
- Place all the vegetables on the base of the roasting tin this is now your trivet. Put the crown on to a trivet of vegetables.
- Roast the turkey for 25mins per kg at 180°C, Richard’s turkey took 2.5 hours to cook.
- Remember 45 minutes before the end of cooking time to pop the turkey legs into the oven.
- If you have made too much stuffing roll the stuffing into balls and wrap in pancetta, these will need to go into the oven 30 minutes before the end of cooking time.