Sea Bass, Fennel, New Potatoes and Gremolata
- 4 sea bass fillets (approx 160g each, scaled and pin boned, a good fishmonger should do this for you)
- 2 lemons zested
- 100 g chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove - finely chopped
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 head of fennel sliced (very finely with a mandolin if possible)
- lemon juice
- 400 g sliced baby potatoes
- To prepare the Gremolata:
- Mix all of the ingredients together and taste.
- To prepare the Garnish:
- Cook the potatoes in salted water.
- Drain and dress with the Gremolata. Season the fennel and add a touch of lemon juice.
- To prepare the Fish:
- Season the bass fillets and place in a non stick pan skin side down and cook 95% on the skin side. Turn over adding a splash of lemon juice and remove from the pan.
- To Serve:
- Arrange the potatoes on the bottom of the plate then add the fennel. Place the sea bass on top of the fennel. Drizzle Gremolata dressing around the bowl. Serve with a crisp green salad.