Cavolo Nero with Garlic and Chilli
- 1.2 kg cavolo nero (washed and tough stalks removed)
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 fresh red chilli (seeded and finely chopped)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cavolo nero in a large heavy based saucepan (do not add any water).
- Cover the pan and cook gently for 6-7 minutes until it wilts, stir occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Drain well and allow to cool slightly, and then squeeze out excess water.
- Chop roughly.
- Heat the oil in the same pan.
- Stir in the garlic and chilli and fry for two minutes.
- Add the cavolo nero, season to taste and cook until the spinach is heated through.