Pan Seared Scallops, Citrus and Chilli Butter
- 18 scallops (i like to remove the orange roe but that’s a personal choice)
- 25 g butter
- citrus and chilli butter
- 75 g softened butter:
- zest of 1 lime
- ½ red chilli (very finely chopped)
- 1 tblsp freshly chopped coriander
- Heat a large pan and add the butter until bubbling.
- Lay the scallops out flat on a plate or chopping board.
- Season the scallops with a little salt and black pepper.
- Toss them into the pan and cook for 1 minute on either side on a very hot pan until golden brown. Add in a little butter now to get a nice glaze.
- Allow to sit for a further moment and then prepare to serve.
- Citrus and Chilli Butter Method:
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Using some parchment paper roll them into a long coil and refrigerate or freeze until required.
- Serve the scallops on the plate. Top with a disc of citrus and chilli butter and top with some fresh rocket dressed lightly with lime juice and olive oil.