Strawberry Sorbet with Kiwi Fruit
- 450 g fresh or frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 1 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 125 g sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 3 kiwi fruit
- Liquidize and sieve the strawberries, adding the lemon juice to bring out the flavour and enough sugar to sweeten.
- Put in a container and freeze until there is a solid layer about 2.5cm/1 inch around the edges.
- Break it up with a fork.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and standing in peaks, but not dry, then add the frozen strawberries, still whisking, to make a thick mixture.
- Pour this back into the container and freeze again until solid.
- About an hour before you want to eat the sorbet, take it our of the freezer and put it into the fridge to soften a little.
- Peel the kiwi fruits and cut them into thin slices.
- Put spoonfuls of the sorbet in individual glasses and tuck the kiwi fruit round the edge.