Ragout of Mushrooms and Jerusalem Artichokes with Mustard and Parsley
- 100 g jerusalem artichokes
- 150 g irish mushrooms
- small glass of madeira
- 1 tblsp mustard
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 shallot
- 20 g butter
- 100 ml chicken or vegetable stock.
- salt, black pepper
- Wash and clean the artichokes and place them in cold water to cook; bring to the boil.
- They are cooked when only a slight resistance is felt to a knife or fork inserted in them.
- Peel them and cut into small cubes or cirles as desired.
- Saute them in a pan with a little butter.
- Wash the mushrooms and depending on their size, leave them whole or cut into quarters.
- Lightly saute them in butter colouring them only slightly.
- Remove the mushrooms after a few minutes.
- Finely chop the shallots and sweat them in the same butter for a few minutes.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and pepper and then deglaze the pan with the madeira.
- Add one or other of the stocks and allow to reduce.
- When ready to serve, combine the mushrooms with the artichokes, stir in a tablespoon of mustard and finally, plenty of finely chopped parsley.