Tomato and Butter Bean Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tins tomatoes
- 1 tin butter beans (drained)
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tbs grated parmesan (optional)
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and celery. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, and fry the vegetables until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, drained butter beans, basil and stock and stir. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Whizz half of the soup with a blender or food processor.
- Return to the rest of the soup and add the parmesan if using.
- Serve piping hot.