Saute Daikon with long stem broccoli and chilli/ginger and soy sauce
- sesame oil
- 1 medium daikon
- 400 g long stem broccoli
- 1 red chilli (de-seeded and sliced)
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- soya sauce
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Peel the daikon, halve and slice each half on the diagonal.
- Trim and wash the broccoli.
- Finely grate the ginger, pick up in the palm of your hand and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of soya sauce and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Over a medium heat add the daikon, broccoli and chilli and saute for 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked al dente.
- Pour over the soy and ginger and cook for a further 5 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish.
- Serve with noodles or rice.