- 3 scallops
- 200 ml homemade lobster stock
- 200 ml white wine
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 shallot
- 60 g butter
- 100 g peas
- pea shoots (or other shoots of herbs if unavailable)
- Peel and chop the shallot. Melting 15g of the butter in a sauce pan. Add the lobster stock and white wine and reduce it until there are only a few tablespoons left. Whisk in the cream and reduce the sauce once again until you have a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the pea puree, sauté the peas in 30g of butter until tender. Then sett a few peas aside and purée the rest of the peas with a hand blender or in a food processor. Chop the remaining peas and add them to the purée.
- To cook the scallops pat them dry with a tea towel or a piece of kitchen towel. Heat the rest of the butter in a frying pan and cook the scallops on medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side.
- To serve, strain the sauce to remove the onion bits before putting the sauce in a dish and arranging the scallops with the pea puree, the sauce and the pea shoots.
By Nadia Mathiasen for Masterchef Ireland