Pan Fried Calamari with Chorizo, Chickpeas and Wild Garlic
- 500 g baby squid
- 1 tin of chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1 hand full of washed rocket leaves
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 good knob of butter
- 2 tblsp wild garlic pesto
- 1 orange (segmented)
- 75 g diced chorizo
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- a splash of white wine
- Clean the squid under running water, this will be a bit of a messy job, I’m afraid.
- To clean the squid thoroughly trim off the tentacles, remove the head and gently make an incision along the body without cutting through completely, rinse under cold water, dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the squid to the pan when the oil is smoking, followed immediately by the chorizo.
- Allow the squid to cook for no longer that two minutes and then add the wine, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and then add the butter, chickpeas, tomatoes and wild garlic.
- Remove from the heat. Serve with the orange segments and rocket. Serve immediately