- 1 cucumber
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g caster sugar
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Slice the cucumber as thinly as you can. A mandolin is perfect for this job.
- Salt, rest and rinse the cucumber as before.
- While the cucumber is resting, bring the sugar, vinegar and chilli sauce to the boil and reduce for 30 seconds.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Dry the cucumbers, place in a bowl and add the liquid.
- This will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Any more and the cucumber looses its colour.