Bord Bia's Ice Cream Pudding
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 125 ml water
- 4 egg yolks
- 500 ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 500 g dried mixed fruit (raisins, currants, sultanas, figs, apricots, soaked overnight in port)
- 100 g toasted almonds (chopped)
- preparation time: 30 minutes plus freezing
- Put sugar and water into a pan. Dissolve the sugar over a gentle heat. Then boil steadily unitl it forms a syrup.
- Beat the egg yolks well, then carefully pour the syrup on to them. Continue to whisk to a thick, mousse-like mixture.
- Whip the cream. Fold the cream and vanilla esence into the mousse with the fruit and nuts. Pour into a pudding bowl and freeze.