Golden Delicious Apple Claufoutis
- 150 g sugar
- 75 g ground almonds
- 25 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 yolks
- 25 ml milk
- 175 ml cream
- 3 apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla pod or essence
- 1 tblsp brown sugar
- juice of ½ orange
- 2 tblsp icing sugar
- In a bowl add sugar, ground almonds, flour and eggs.
- Whisk and add milk and cream until smooth.
- Mix apple, cinnamon, raisins, vanilla and brown sugar and orange juice.
- Butter 4 small oven bread dishes, spoon the apple mixture into each. Add the batter mixture.
- Place on tray and bake in oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Serve lukewarm with a little icing sugar drizzled over.