Caraway and Cumin Crackers
- 1 -2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 125 g plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 50 g butter (diced)
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- Sift the plain flour, salt and cumin into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the caraway seeds, to taste, and then gradually work in 2-3 tablespoons water to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough lightly until it's smooth, cover with clingfilm and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out thinly on a lightly floured surface and, using a 7cm/3 inch pastry cutter, stamp out rounds.
- Re-roll the trimmings and repeat to make 16-18 rounds.
- Transfer the crackers onto a large baking sheet, prick the surfaces with a fork, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the crackers over, and bake for a further 5 minutes until crisp and lightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack. These crackers will keep for a few days in an airtight container.