Spicy Mexican Chicken and Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 bread rolls/bun burgers
- 4 chicken fillets
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1 orange (juice)
- 2 dessertspoo of oil
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 dessertspoo of mayonnaise
- 2 dessertspoo of sweet chilli jam
- In a large bowl mix the cayenne pepper, chilli flakes, oil and orange juice together. Slice the chicken in half and leave to marinade for at least one hour.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sweet chilli jam together and retain until required.
- After the marinade time has elapsed, oil the grill of your barbecue and grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes on either side depending on its size but make sure that all juices run clear.
- Cut large rolls in half and grill on the inside to toast the up a little.
- Lay the slice of cheese o top of the cooked chicken on the barbecue and allow the cheese to melt for a few minutes.
- Spread some sweet chilli mayonnaise on either side of the toasted bread roll and garish with some lettuce leaves and the sliced tomato.
- Put the hot chicken and cheese combination on top of the bun and arrange the top of the roll on top of the chicken.
- Secure with a cocktail stick and serve.