Poached King Scallops in White Wine
- 12 king scallops
- 375 ml muscadet (or other dry white wine)
- 40 g butter
- 25 g flour
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp chopped tarragon
- 150 ml cream
- Remove the coral from the white meat.
- Pour the wine into a saucepan, add the white meat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the coral and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Make a roux with the butter and the flour, and use the liquor the scallops were cooked in to make a smooth white sauce.
- Add the lemon juice, seasoning and chopped tarragon.
- Stir in the cream and when the sauce is smooth and thick, place the scallops on a serving dish and pour the sauce over them.