Strawberry and Basil Millefeuille, Crème Chantilly, Balsamic Syrup
- 100 g puff pastry
- beaten egg yolk, tsp sugar
- 200 g chopped strawberries
- pinch sugar
- 3 leaf basil (finely chopped)
- squeeze of lemon
- for the crème chantilly
- 100 ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod or essence
- 2 tblsp icing sugar
- for the balsamic syrup
- 100 ml balsamic
- 1 tbsp glucose syrup (or golden syrup)
- 2 tblsp sugar
- Rolled very thin. Brush with egg and sugar before cooking
- Cook at 180°C between 2 trays for 8 minutes.
- Chop berries, and add sugar and lemon. Finish with finely chopped shredded basil. Assemble.
- For the Crème Chantilly. Scrape vanilla pods and add to cream.
- Add sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
- For the Balsamic Syrup. Reduce balsamic by half and add glucose.
- Remove and add sugar.