Tomato Chutney with Parmesan Crisps
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 100 g sultanas
- 50 g currants
- 2 cloves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3-4 handfuls black olives
- 450 g apples chopped finely
- 250 g sugar
- 200 g onion chopped finely
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- for the parmesan crisps:
- 75 g parmesan cheese
- pinch of black pepper
- Pop the tomatoes into some boiling water for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the skin is easy to peel off and discard.
- Roughly cut the tomatoes and then the apples.
- Put the tomatoes into a pot and add the garlic, the cloves, some very finely chopped rosemary and thyme and finally the white wine vinegar onions and sugar.
- Give it all a good stir and let the mixture simmer very gently for about 30 minutes.
- When the ingredients start to soften and everything begins to mingle, add the sultanas and the currants.
- Finally add a handful of olives and let it cook again for a further 30 minutes before putting into carefully cleaned and warmed pots.
- And for the parmesan crisps, you simply put some cookie cutters on a tray and grate the cheese into them, add a generous grating of black pepper and slide under the grill for a few minutes.