Couscous with Grilled Vegetables and a Middle Eastern Twist
- 120 g courgette
- 100 g mushrooms
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1 tomato (cut in quarters)
- sprinkle with seasoned sea salt
- 50 g couscous
- 30 g dried apricots
- 4 (or 5) mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 preserved lemon (optional)
- ½ tsp mustard
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml olive oil
- Wash the vegetables and then slice the courgettes thinly with the help of a slicer, or thinly sliced with a knife. Do the same with the peppers and mushrooms and cut the tomato in quarters.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Place vegetables on the tray and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast in 200°C oven for 7-10 mins depending on your oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous as directed in the packet and chop the dried apricots and preserved lemon into very small cubes.
- When vegetables are ready, mix together in a bowl with the couscous, the apricots, mint, and preserved lemon.
- In a bowl prepare your French dressing by mixing together the mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle and toss the vegetable and couscous mixture in the dressing and serve immediately.