Mushroom Charlotte with Cashel Blue
- 500 g mushrooms
- 100 g shallots
- 50 g thyme
- 300 g butter
- olive oil
- 100 g cashel blue cheese
- 75 g chervil
- white truffle oil
- 600 g brown bread
- 150 g mixed salad leaves
- 4 ramekins
- Remove crusts from bread and cut a round the size of the ramekin base. Dip into melted butter.
- Cut fingers of bread, dip in melted butter and fit (overlapping well) to the sides of each ramekin. Take care not to leave any gaps.
- Prepare the mushrooms: Finely dice the shallots and saute together with the mushrooms and thyme in a hot pan. Finish with a knob of butter. Leave to cool and drain off excess liquid.
- Once the mushrooms have cooled , add 1 tablespoon to the ramekin and top with crumbled Cashel Blue cheese. Place another layer of mushrooms on the cheese.
- Cut a round piece of bread (dipped in butter) and place on top to seal in the mushrooms.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Place a weight on top of each ramekin to seal the charlotte until cold.
- Warm back through at 180°C and serve with picked chervil and white truffle oil.