A tasty starter, served with a rocket salad.
- 200 g ardsallagh cheese
- 2 large beetroots
- 1 apple
- 200 g rocket
- 10 ml cider vinegar
- 30 ml oil
- 1 tblsp boyne valley honey
- For the Compote:
- Grate 2 large beetroots and 1 large apple. Place in pan with 4 tbsp of cider vinegar, 1 tbsp of Boyne Valley Honey, lid on and cook until tender, adjust sugar at the end if required.
- Cut the cheese into 4 even slices.
- To Assemble:
- Dress rocket leaves with a splash of cider and repressed oil. Place a spoon of compote on warm plates, place cheese on top and put under grill until cheese melts and then add the dressed rocket salad.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch