This is a cheat's version of hummus because in this incidence we are using sesame seeds instead of the traditional tahini paste. The seeds give just as nice a flavour and a kick to the hummus.
- 150 g tinned chickpeas (retaining juice)
- 1 lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1.5 tblsp tahini (or 1 dessertspoon of sesame seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Add some of liquid from chickpeas to adjust the consistency if it is required.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops