Sometimes a bowl of these in the middle of a table at a drinks reception is just enough.
- 350 g mixed nuts (cashew, peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts etc)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon rock salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat a large pan. Dry roast the nuts on the pan for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure that they don’t burn.
- Put the nuts into a bowl combine with the cayenne pepper, rock salt and cumin.
- Shake around to ensure they are all coated and then serve as required or store in an air tight container for 2-3 weeks.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops