Try this delicious, sophisticated cocktail recipe from The Sussex Cocktail Bar.
- 1 white sugar cube
- 2 drops bitters
- 1/4 shot maraschino liqueur
- 2 shots of either makers mark bourbon/ jameson / j.walker red/ or havana rum
- 1 drop of fresh orange juice
- 1 drop of cherry syrup
- 1 strip of orange zest
- Soak sugar cube in bitters inside a glass mixing beaker.
- Add the maraschino liqueur and a long strip of orange zest (with no white pith attached) and muddle.
- Fill beaker with ice.
- Use an orange wedge to rim the rocks glass and squeeze a couple of drops into beaker with a drop of cherry syrup.
- Add 2 shots of chosen spirit (traditionally bourbon) and stir for 10-15 seconds in each direction
- Make sure most of sugar has diluted before straining.
- Strain into ice filled orange rimmed rocks glass
- Garnish: orange zest wrapped around infused cherry and spiked
For further information on The Sussex visit www.thesussex.ie