Great with tea!
- 110g (4 oz) white flour
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 110g (4 oz) wholemeal flour
- 3 tblsp butter
- 1 heaped tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 generous tablespoon honey
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- Sift the white flour, baking powder and salt together, then add the wholemeal flour and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the sugar. Add the honey to the milk and stir until dissolved, then add most of the mixture to the flour and butter mixture, and mix to make a soft dough, reserving the rest for a glaze.
- Shape the dough into a round about 20 or 22cm (8 or 9in) across and put onto a greased baking sheet.
- Cut across the top four times to mark 8 wedge-like portions or farls and bake at 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 for 20 minutes.
- Take out to brush with glaze, then put back and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style