It's really easy to make.
- 175g (6 oz) self-raising flour
- 110g (4 oz) shredded suet
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 110g (4 oz) sugar
- 110g (4 oz) treacle
- 1 egg
- Custard, cream, more treacle or golden syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together well, but add the egg last.
- Pour into a greased basin or dish, then cover and steam for 2 hours.
- Turn out to serve with custard, cream, more treacle or golden syrup.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Caramelised Banana American Pancakes
- Carrot and Courgette Cake with Rosemary and Orange Crème Fraîche
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos with Cherry Tomato Salsa