This tasty dish is filled to the brim with nutrients and antioxidants that is best served with a dollop of fresh cream.
- 15 g (½ oz) Carrageen
- 450 ml (1 pint) Water
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Sugar to taste
- Small wine glass of sweet sherry
- Soak the carrageen in water for a few hours, then rinse well and drain.
- Put in a pan with the water and simmer for about 20 minutes, then strain and discard the carrageen.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar and finally the sherry to the strained liquid, and stir.
- Wet a mould, pour in the liquid and put in a cold place to set.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style