A sensational way to end a dinner party, and Catherine will show you exactly how it's done...
- 100 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 2 tblsp ground almonds, plus extra for dusting
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 4 tblsp caster sugar
- 1 tblsp irish cream liqueur
- icing sugar to dust
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
- Butter 10 espresso cups and dust with ground almonds. Shake out excess.
- Place the chocolate in a ceramic bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Melt the butter separately and pour over the chocolate. This will ensure the chocolate melts quicker.
- In a bowl, whisk the yolks, whole eggs and sugar together until light and pale in colour.
- Gently fold in the chocolate mixture, ground almonds and Baileys.
- Divide the mixture between the espresso cups filling until ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and just set (allow longer if using ramekins).
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Note: If served in espresso cups, this recipe can serve up to 10 guests.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Brussels Sprouts With Butter (or Cannellini) Beans
- Christmas Bombe with Cranberry and Cointreau Sauce
- Veggie Christmas: Butternut Squash, Sage Risotto