Hake or whiting would also work well in this simple and tasty dish.
- 700 g haddock, skinned and boned
- 375 g pasta – linguini or spaghetti are ideal
- 250 g broccoli, broken up into small florets
- a little salt and black pepper
- 125 g cream
- 125 g stock
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 handfuls watercress or spinach leaves, roughly torn
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water as per packet instructions. For the last minute add the broccoli. Drain and return to the saucepan, along with a couple of tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Keep warm while you cook the fish and make the sauce.
- Heat the grill. Lightly oil a baking tray and place the fish on it. Season with salt and pepper. Cook under the hot grill for 5-6 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
- Put the cream and stock in a saucepan along with the garlic, chillies, lemon juice and rind and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes. Then stir this mixture and the watercress and parsley through the pasta. Finally flake the fish and gently stir it in.
- Serve with a green salad.
Check out www.bordbia.ie/fish for a selection of tasty contemporary fish dishes