An easy and extremely tasty summer dinner option, which can be made in just 20 minutes!
- 4 aldi’s nature’s isle lamb loin chops, well trimmed
- a little olive oil
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh oregano leaves or flat leaf parsley
- a little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- for the tomato and smoked paprika sauce
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh oregano leaves or flat leaf parsley
- 1 tblsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp sugar
- Combine the olive oil, oregano leaves, salt and pepper. Brush this mixture over both sides of the lamb chops. Leave to marinate while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan. Add in the onion and fry over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes until softened. Then add in the garlic, paprika, chopped tomatoes, herbs, tomato purée, sugar and a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- To cook the chops, heat the barbecue, grill or frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. Allow the chops to rest for a minute or two before serving.
- Serve with the tomato and smoked paprika sauce, steamed broccoli and mashed or sautéed potatoes.