This recipe comes courtesy of Dublin Bay Prawn Festival wine and food expert, Niamh Boylan.
- 400 - 500 g cooked prawns
- 4 tomatoes skinned, seeded and roughly chopped.
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 30 g butter
- 25 g saffron
- 0.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 0.25 cumin powder
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 130 ml cream
- sea salt
- chervil/ parsley to garnish.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan and cook tomatoes and shallots slowly for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the spices and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree and cream and mix well. Blitz with hand held blender. Next add prawns and heat through gently. Season with salt and scatter with chopped herbs. Serve with a little mound of rice.
Wine suggestion: Albarino from Northern Spain should fit the bill nicely. Equally delicious a Rueda Verdejo, also from Spain.