The perfect after-dinner treat, try these Cherry Chocolate Truffles when want to impress and delight your guests! Recipe courtesy of www.ilovecooking.ie
- 150 ml double cream
- 225 g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tblsp kirsch liqueur
- 50 g dried cherries, roughly chopped
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- Heat cream in a medium sized saucepan over high heat until it just starts to boil. Remove from heat and pour over finely chopped chocolate placed in a heatproof bowl. Stir until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Mix in cherry liqueur and dried cherries.
- Cover bowl with clingfilm and chill in the fridge until set, a couple of hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Scoop teaspoon size balls of mixture, then roll balls between both palms to round off. Roll quickly and lightly to avoid chocolate from melting. To finish, roll each ball in cocoa powder.
- The truffles will last 1-2 weeks when refrigerated, but are best eaten at room temperature.
Markes 36 truffles.