- 100 g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small tin of anchovies, roughly chopped
- 2 tblsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 100 ml olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1.50 kg eg of lamb, deboned
- 12 green olives, roughly chopped
- 6 tinned anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 6 tblsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 6 tblsp chopped fresh basil
- 6 tblsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tblsp capers
- 10 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blitz or mix the sundried tomatoes, garlic, anchovies, rosemary, olive oil and lemon juice together and rub it into the lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together, cover and refrigerate.
- Place the marinated lamb on a hot grill, fat facing down. Cover with foil and seal well for 5–6 minutes. Turn over, cover with foil and seal the other side for 5–6 minutes.
- Cook the lamb for a further 15–20 minutes on each side. Allow to rest, covered in foil, for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve thick slices of the lamb with generous dollops of the lively salsa.
Recipe taken from A Month of Meals by Rozanne Stevens