- 230 g soft light brown sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 240 g pinhead oatmeal
- 175 g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, 350°F, Gas 4. Line 3 large baking trays with baking parchment or a silicone mat.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl until fluffy and smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and mix lightly. Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Scoop up a heaped teaspoon of dough and place on a baking tray, allowing enough space for the cookies to spread. Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes, or until pale golden. Remove from the oven and cool on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe is taken from From Lynda's Table by Lynda Booth