Very easy to make.
- 300ml (½ pint) duck fat
- 1 garlic bulb, separated into cloves (but not peeled)
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Warm the duck fat in a pan until it's no longer solidified.
- Add the garlic cloves and thyme sprigs and simmer very gently over a low heat for about 40 minutes, until meltingly soft.
- Remove from the oil and gently squeeze the cloves out of their skins. Use as required.
- Cook Ahead: This can be made up to 2 days in advance and kept covered in the fridge until needed.
More by Neven Maguire:
- The Today Show: Neven Maguire's Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Neven Maguire style
- Caramelised Pork Belly, Neven Maguire, Today show